Classic Latino Model Photography


I may be a photographer struggling to make a living, but that doesn't mean I don't support the beautiful work of other talented photographers. One of my earliest inspirations was Somos Cubanos, a gorgeous photobook by Thoma Benno focusing on the beauty of the Cuban male. Published back in 1998, it's still available in limited quantities. One of my dreams is to someday publish similar books for every nation in the hemisphere (check out my NICAS book, set in Nicaragua, for my first step in this direction -- there are some sample shots below). Thanks Thoma Benno, wherever you are, for sharing your talent with us!

Como fotógrafo y artista, yo siempre tengo que luchar para sobrevivir (así es la vida de un artista humilde). Pero siempre me gusta reconocer el talento de otros fotógrafos, especialmente los que me inspiran. Uno de los primeros fue el libro Somos Cubanos, una colección de fotografía por Thoma Benno que se enfoca en la belleza del hombre cubano. Publicado en 1998, todavía está disponible en cantidades limitadas. Uno de mis sueños es algún día publicar libros parecidos sobre cada país en el hemisferio (y ya he empezado eso con NICAS, mi libro de hombres en Nicaragua -- puedes ver detalles en el artículo aquí abajo). Gracias, Thoma Benno, por compartir tu talento con nosotros!

Comments