Andy, the Disappearing Dominican Model













I didn’t know that he’d disappear.
I was just starting to study black-and-white photography a few years back when, at a party in Manhattan for photographers, models and make-up artists, I met an aspiring young model named Andy. This handsome young guy was looking to start building his portfolio of artistic modeling shots, and I immediately noticed his handsome good looks and raw talent. I signed him up for a photoshoot.
He showed up for the shoot with his then-girlfriend and we made some great shots of his face and his physique. His muscular, toned body wasn’t too built up and it worked great in front of the camera. The photoshoot went so well, in fact, that we arranged a second shoot, and did shots with different clothes and underwear.
Even today, the photos I made with Andy are among my favorite male model shots. Andy has jus the right amount of muscular definition, macho swagger, innocence and acting ability.
But Andy has disappeared. In the years since our photoshoot, the e-mail and phone contacts he gave me have been cancelled. I haven’t come across any other professional shots of Andy since my shoots, and haven’t met anyone who knows him. But if anyone sees this talented, disappeared Dominican model, please let me know!

Comments